I started the project with words like “distant cooing, crying, flapping, whirring ring, shuffling, bright primary colour, playful, and voices”. Knowing that we all gathered the words from the Granville Island, I was able to determine this is from the playground or the water park. So the image of playground and park is my main focus. I looked for outdoor ambient sound as an overall base so the other sounds wouldn’t be too abrupt. The “distant cooing” is obviously referring to pigeons. Most of the words on the list are very clear to what they are, I wasn’t thinking about making it abstract. After collecting various sounds, I arranged them in an order, and have some sounds repeated. I imagine the images will be in first person’s point of view. I thought of putting voices in, but it sounded like a person is stalking children in the park.
So I decided to change the perspective to a dog’s point of view. I added sounds of dogs into the soundtrack. And to make sure that idea is apparent, I made the images to look like something a dog would see, such as looking at the ground, looking up at its owner, and many other things that might interest a dog. Everything is in grayscale because dogs don’t have colour vision. I didn’t have a proper ending for the narrative; the teacher suggested the dog should have a goal of some sort. So I ended the animation with the dog looking up at a hotdog stand. I tried to indicate how the dog picks up the hotdog scent from the napkin in the grass and decides to look for it. It’s probably not very clear in the animatic.
Love your layouts and visual style! Hope there will be a day seeing you finish the key animation of the scene.
ReplyDelete